Who's it for? - the audiences for your website
Different parts of your website will be aimed at different groups of people. Here are some of the possibilities:-
- Members of the regular congregation.
- Regular members who are away for long periods (perhaps as students, on work contracts, or as members of the armed forces) or who are house-bound.
- Those who are friends of the church but are not regular members.
- Your local community.
- Short or long term visitors to your area - perhaps your are in a popular tourist spot, or students come to study nearby.
- People moving into the area.
Each audience will have different needs, which will affect all other decisions.
Remember that any public website has another audience too - absolutely anyone in the world who happens to find it and start reading it. In other words, when you write for one audience, try to do so in such a way that doesn't alienate any other possible audience.
Last update: May 2008